« All Events
The Grande Sesquicentennial Parade – Celebrating Longview: Our Past, Present & Future
August 29 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- The 2020 Sesquicentennial Parade will begin at the corner of Green and Whaley St. in Downtown Longview!
- the parade will travel west to Horaney, south to Methvin, then proceed east to 3rd St.
- The parade staging area will be along Whaley from Green East to Fourth.
- All units will re-enter the staging area at Methvin and Third St. before disbanding
- Rain date is Sept. 12
- Judging criteria includes compliance to regulations, relevance to the parade theme, originality, use of lights, design and color, and overall entertainment quality
- Floats will be judged as you pass the reviewing stand by award sponsors.
- $250 awards and trophies will be given for the following categories:
- Mayor’s Award (best overall float)
- Grand Marshall’s Award (most representative of community spirit)
- American Award (most patriotic)
- Showmanship Award (best unique theme development / most beautiful float)
- Heritage Award (best scenes of yesteryear)
- Innovator Award (most outstanding use of imagination, innovation, and technology)