« All Events
Start the Conversation: Mental Health Awareness
June 22 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Join us for this community event on mental health awareness and suicide prevention
- Childcare will be available for children from birth to 5th grade
- Dave Coble is a suicide survivor whose passion is to inspire others to action through his own story
- He will share with us what he has learned so we will walk away feeling equipped to start important mental health conversations.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people ages 10 – 34 in the United States
- Since 1999, the overall suicide rate has increased by 35%
- The statistics can seem overwhelming, but we can begin to impact them in our own homes & communities.
- Learn how to CONNECT with your child or loved one
- Get ideas on how you can ENCOURAGE those around you
- Identify those who are hurting so you can lead them to HELP.
- *Please note: Topics in this presentation may be triggering to some individuals, and are not recommended for young children or those sensitive to the topic of suicide.*