- This event has passed.
Bricks and Mortar for Growing Healthy Churches
September 14 @ 7:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
Schedule for Saturday, September 14, 2019. There will be assigned seating:
- 7:30 a.m. – The workshop will begin with a complimentary breakfast provided by Burger King in the Galilee Room at GABC.
- 8:20 a.m. – Open with an ensemble from John Tyler High School and others directed by Nancy Caraway.
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:40 a.m. – Following introduction – Dr. David Dykes
- 9:50 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Following introduction – Dr. Ralph Caraway, Sr.
- 11:10 a.m. – 12:20 pm. – Following introduction – Pastor Doug Anderson
- There will be a short break, with light refreshments, between each speaker.
- Since 2012 Shepherd’s Heart Ministry has offered workshops/classes (at no cost) for those attending
- The classes offer solutions for the many challenges faced by pastors and laypersons while serving their calling
- In the past, we have offered workshops on Burnout, Depression, Forgiveness, Suicide Prevention, Financial Situations within the Church, Growing a Great Church, etc.
- Each workshop was taught by a seasoned pastor, or other successful leaders within the church, resulting in a positive response from those attending.
- After our discussions, we agreed that these classes would be more effective if they were taught in a story-form setting
- Each of these men would share their life experiences in ministry and how they dealt with situations that all pastors and church leadership face
Example: The times they faced and conquered depression; the time they felt like quitting but continued to move forward; seasons when some within their flock or staff seemed to turn against them and how God gave them the ability to reverse the situation and stay the course; a time when they could not see a clear solution to meet the church’s financial obligations but, by prayer and strategic planning, and involving those in leadership, they were able to successfully pass through that season; how they learned to prioritize their time as pastor, husband, father, their own health; to delegate, helping those within the congregation utilize the gifts God had placed within them.
The above, and any other areas they feel significant, will be discussed during the last ten minutes of each workshop with a question and answer session.
Because these men successfully faced their giants and defeated them, I feel confident those who attend will leave with greater insight for their tomorrows.
Registration form available at www.theshepherdsheart.org