« All Events
16th Annual Patriotic Celebration
June 26 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm Free
- 16th Annual Patriotic Celebration scheduled June 26 in Frankston
- Members of the Frankston area community are expected to gather Sunday, June 26, at 2:30 p.m. for the 16th annual Patriotic Celebration at the Family Life Center of the United Methodist Church of Frankston, 161 S. Weldon at East Main in Frankston.
- The celebration is open to the public, free of charge. Sponsors welcome donations, if desired.
- Featured speaker for the event will be Father Mark Kusmeric from St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Frankston. The speaker is a veteran and was the Catholic Chaplain for Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C. for several years. A part of the program will feature the history of the music, “Taps”, part of the nation’s culture and history.
- The 2022 celebration will feature many longtime participants, plus several first time performers to help the community celebrate Independence Day, the 4th of July.
- Choirs will include the First Baptist Church and the Catholic Church. Tammy Bostick, Lashonna Adams, Kay Randle, and Christina Thomas will be featured, along with Kathy and Al Avizo.
- The audience will be invited to participate in the singing of patriotic songs and other features to help celebrate the anniversary of the nation’s independence.
- Cookies and ice cream will be served following the program.
- The UMC Human Relations Team invites residents of the Frankston area community to attend and bring friends and family.
- For further information, interested persons may call the church office at (903) 876-2235, during regular office hours, or email [email protected]